The Young Leaders program of the FES aims at strengthening the participation of young people in decision making processes. The programme each year mobilizes a select number of young Sudanese (activists from civil society, political parties, and youth-led organisations/initiatives) and builds their capacity to tackle some of the major political, societal and socio-economic challenges the country is facing.
„Democracy needs democrats.” Friedrich Ebert
The FES provides opportunities for the programme participants to:
- form a network among themselves with the participation of experts from the political sphere and the civil society;
- develop and improve their analytic, communication and negotiation skills;
- gain practical project skills and experience via the conceptualisation and autonomous implementation of micro-projects in their communities;
- participate in policy debates on major current issues at the national, regional, and international level;
- access regional and international youth networks, and to improve their basic civic, socio-political and economic knowledge.
FES YOUNG LEADERS PROGRAM DESIGN & MANAGEMENT MANUAL