The Youth Leadership Programme of the FES in Sudan aims to strengthen the participation of young people in decision making processes. The programme mobilizes a selected number of young people (social activists, activists from civil society or political parties and youth-led organisations/initiatives) and builds their capacities to tackle major political, societal and socio-economic challenges their country is facing.
„Democracy needs democrats.” Friedrich Ebert
The FES provides opportunities for the programme participants to:
- form a network among themselves with the participation of experts from the political sphere and the civil society;
- develop and improve their analytic, communication and negotiation skills;
- gain practical project skills and experience via the conceptualisation and autonomous implementation of micro projects in their communities;
- participate in policy debates on major current issues at the national, regional and international level;
- access regional and international youth networks, and to improve their basic civic, socio-political and economic knowledge.